Land-Use Applications, Permits, Forms & Resources


Apply for your Permit electronically.

Click Here

Who should you contact?

The Planning Director can be reached at 360-678-4461 ext. 103 or

The Town Planner is a resource for questions on land use reviews such as variances, conditional uses, subdivisions, shoreline permits, and certificates of appropriateness (design review), as well as interpretations of and amendments to the zoning code in Title 16 of the Coupeville Town Code and the Comprehensive Plan.

The Assistant Planner can be reached at 360-678-4461 ext. 104 or

The Building Official can be reached at 360-678-4461 ext. 108 or

The Building Official provides assistance on building, mechanical, and plumbing codes and permits, and code violation complaints.

The Public Works Superintendent can be reached at 360-678-4461 ext. 110 or

The Town of Coupeville currently contracts for engineering services.

Fee Schedule-Click here for Permit Application Fees

Active Land Use Applications

Land-Use Applications

Pre-Application Form

Bed & Breakfast Application

Boundary Line Adjustment Application



Conditional Use Permit Application

COVID Temporary Outdoor Dining

Home Occupation Application

Lot Combination Application

Short Plat Application 2019

Shoreline SDP Application 2018 fillable

Shoreline SDP Exemption Request 2018

Short-Term Rental License Application

Final Plat Application

Sign Application

Variance Application

Building Permits and Applications

Building – Master Permit Application Form

Clearing & Grading Application

Storm water Permit Application

Utility Hookup-Connection Permit Application 

Right of Way Application


Shoreline Master Plan Periodic Review Update

ELNHR Design, COA Requirements and Levels of Review

Contractor License Requirements

Coupeville Zoning Map 

Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve Design Guidelines

Sign Code Ordinance Adopted June 13, 2017

Energy Code Worksheet

2012 Comprehensive Plan

Western Washington Stormwater Management Manual (2019)

For a list of other available documents , applications and info, please visit our Info & Documents page.

Images on this page graciously provided by Denis Hill.