Requests for Proposals
2022 SCADA: Proposals must be received by 3:00 pm April 18, 2022
The Town of Coupeville is accepting qualification proposals from System integrator firms for the Towns SCADA upgrade on eight network sites.
The Town of Coupeville’s Water and Wastewater facilities have been modified and maintained by several different integrators over the years. Each firm implemented a different design standard and currently the sites throughout the system consist of a varied mix of technologies and hardware. The Town would like to transition the remaining sites to the new Allen-Bradley cellular network SCADA system.
Submission Guidelines and Requirements
- All firms or individuals submitting a proposal must be licensed and bonded and ensure compliance with all laws, rules, codes, ordinances, and licensing requirements that are applicable to the conduct of its business, including those of Federal, State and local agencies having jurisdiction and authority.
- Include a signed cover letter from the person who will have contract authority over this proposal explaining your interest and include contact information for that person and the company.
- Include company background and experience, working on similar municipal projects.
- Include information and the availability of system integrators and the office location they would be traveling from.
- Include an example of a SCADA system upgrade or similar work product completed in the past three years.
- Include contact information for two references from jobs completed in the prior 12 months.
For more information, Click Here
Invitations to Bid
2022 Crack Seal Project
The Town of Coupeville is soliciting bids for work related to a TIB grant. The project consists of crack sealing multiple areas within Town limits:
For more information, please see the project description linked below.
2022 TIB Sidewalk – Coveland & 1st Street
The Town of Coupeville is soliciting bids for Sidewalk work related to a TIB grant. The project consists of the construction of new sidewalks within existing Town right-of-way as follows:
- NW Coveland St – 118 LF sidewalk
- NW 1st St – 310 LF sidewalk
For more information, please see the Bid Manual linked below.
- What is the cross section for the sidewalk? – The sidewalk cross section is included on in Detail 2 on Sheet 6 of the plan set. We are just referencing the Standard WSDOT sidewalk section.
- Bid item 4 is Grubbing which in sod would usually be about a 4” depth. – This Grubbing item is really intended to cover the stump removal on the west end of the Coveland project. The general sod removal and any additional cut/fill excavation associated with the sidewalk construction should be included in the square yard cost of the sidewalk construction as outlined in Spec Section 8-14.5 of the project manual.
- Is the sidewalk intended to be placed on native dirt, or on 4” of CSTC as would be more typical? If so, how is this paid for the excavation and placement of CSTC? – Per the detail, the intent is to construct the sidewalk on compacted native subgrade (or fill where appropriate). Any excavation or fill needed to prepare the subgrade should be included in the square yard cost of the sidewalk construction as outlined in Spec Section 8-14.5 of the project manual.
- Bid item 6 is roadway excavation with a quantity of 4 CY. What is this intended to cover? The quantity seems really small? – The Roadway Excavation item is intended to include the small amount of removal of Pavement (driveway on 1st St, a minor amount of pavement at the west end of Coveland project), Sidewalks, Curbs, and Gutters. It was estimated at 6” depth, and there isn’t very much of it.
- At both locations fill is indicated on drawings for the downhill slopes.
- Is this fill intended to be bid item 11 for Topsoil Type A?– No, as noted above, all cut/fill required for completion of the work is intended to be covered by the square yard sidewalk cost. This is outlined in Spec Section 8-14.5 of the project manual.
- Do we have to grub this area of sod as well? Any existing sod should be removed from this area prior to placing fill and topsoil.
The Town of Coupeville’s Official Vendor Roster is MRSC Rosters
The Town of Coupeville’s official Small Public Works Roster, Consultant Roster, and Vendor Roster is the MRSC Rosters shared online database. To be eligible to work on projects using a roster process, you are required to register for FREE at www.mrscrosters.org and select Town of Coupeville in your account. If you are already a member of MRSC Rosters, simply select Town of Coupeville in your account.
For registration questions, please contact MRSC Rosters at email@example.com or 206-436-3798. If you have questions about Town of Coupeville projects, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-678-4461.
Images on this page graciously provided by Denis Hill.