Request for Qualifications – On-call Archaeology Services
The Town of Coupeville is soliciting proposals from qualified firms to provide on call archaeological services. The work may include, but is not limited to, utility projects including water, wastewater and storm water, street work, transportation projects, shoreline, critical area, and public works projects. The consultant will be expected to provide the full range of services related to cultural resource management. Services may include, but are not limited to, permitting, archaeological and historic resource research, site testing, resource recovery, construction monitoring, data recovery, artifact cataloging, report preparation and mitigation.
- Must be listed on the Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) Archaeological Consultant list. Staff members must be professionally qualified to perform cultural resource investigations according to DAHP requirements.
- Must meet the qualifications of the Secretary of Interior’s “Professional Qualification Standards.”
- Must have experience with FEMA and TIB projects and have the ability to meet all state and federal requirements on public works projects.
- Must have the authority to sign a two year, on-call contract. Must have the required insurance of a minimum $1,000,000 general liability and the ability to meet other requirements based on grant funding.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with other agencies, interest groups, stakeholders and applicants.
- Must have at least five years of experience and have worked on municipal projects. Previous experience in Coupeville or Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve is a plus.
- Must have experience with NHPA/SEPA/Section 106 regulations and issues.
The consultant ultimately awarded a contract must comply with federal, state and local laws, statutes, codes and ordinances relative to the execution of the work. This requirement includes, but is not limited to, protection of public and employee safety and health, environmental protection, waste reduction and recycling, the protection of natural resources, permits, fees, taxes, prevailing wage and similar subjects.
Proposals should be no longer than five (5) pages and include:
- Name of principal contact person, including address, telephone number and email address. Include the closest office location to Coupeville and other offices in the region.
- Brief description and history of the firm.
- Brief description and qualifications of team members who would be assigned to work on Coupeville projects.
- Brief description of your firms’ capacity to respond to jobs in a timely manner.
- Brief description of two projects you have worked on in the last 24 months. Examples of utility line and shoreline projects would be preferred. Include work experience you have in Coupeville or Ebey’s Reserve.
- Name and contact information for two municipal or governmental references.
Proposals will be evaluated for completeness and content. Each proposal will be evaluated based upon the required professional qualifications, experience with public works/utility projects, past experience with municipal work, past experience working in Coupeville or Ebey’s Reserve, reference checks, and the ability to respond to requests for service in a timely manner.
All proposals become the property of the Town of Coupeville and become public record after the submission deadline.
The Town reserves the right to reject any and all submissions. This RFQ does not obligate the Town to accept or contract for any expressed or implied services.
The Recipient, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252,42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, herby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the ground of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration of an award.
Proposals due Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com
Subject line: ARCHEOLOGY ON-CALL SERVICES
-END OF REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS-
The Town of Coupeville’s Official Vendor Roster is MRSC Rosters
The Town of Coupeville’s official Small Public Works Roster, Consultant Roster, and Vendor Roster is the MRSC Rosters shared online database. To be eligible to work on projects using a roster process, you are required to register for FREE at www.mrscrosters.org and select Town of Coupeville in your account. If you are already a member of MRSC Rosters, simply select Town of Coupeville in your account.
For registration questions, please contact MRSC Rosters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-436-3798. If you have questions about Town of Coupeville projects, contact us directly at email@example.com or 360-678-4461.
Images on this page graciously provided by Denis Hill.