TOWN OF COUPEVILLE
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR
ON-CALL SURVEYING SERVICES
Introduction and Background
The Town of Coupeville requests proposals from qualified survey firms for on-call, municipal survey work. Survey firms must be able to provide services for 2019. The scope of work might include, but is not limited to:
- Topography and boundary line location
- Above and below ground utility locates
- Preparation of utility, access and trail easements
- Surveys in preparation for water, sewer and storm main extension replacement and maintenance
- Surveys in preparation for street and sidewalk improvements, including ADA evaluations
- Surveys in preparation for Pedestrian paths and trail improvements
- Surveys related to other public works and utility projects
- Work products must include drawings in AutoCAD format
Submission Guidelines and Requirements
- All firms or individuals submitting a proposal must be licensed and bonded and ensure compliance with all laws, rules, codes, ordinances, and licensing requirements that are applicable to the conduct of its business, including those of Federal, State and local agencies having jurisdiction and authority.
- Include a signed cover letter from the person who will have contract authority over this proposal explaining your interest and include contact information for that person and the company.
- Include company background, and company experience working on municipal projects.
- Include an example of a topographic survey, or similar work product, completed in the prior 3 years.
- Include contact information for two references from jobs completed in the prior 12 months.
Proposals must be received by 3:00 p.m. on November 19, 2018
Send proposals to:
Town of Coupeville
Attn: Mayor Molly Hughes
PO Box 725
Coupeville, WA 98239
Evaluation and Selection
Proposals will be evaluated by the Town of Coupeville staff to ascertain which person or firm best meets the needs of the Town. The Town will make a selection based on responsiveness to the requirements set forth in this RFQ, relevant past performance/experience and references. The Town of Coupeville reserves the right to award the contract to the responder who presents the most responsive proposal to the Town as determined solely by the Town of Coupeville in its absolute discretion.
In order to ensure consistent and correct information, prospective firms shall submit all questions and requests for clarification to the RFQ in writing, via email to email@example.com. Questions and answers will be posted on the town website, along with this RFQ. The Town will not respond to questions submitted less than 2 business days prior to the due date.
This RFQ does not commit the Town to the award of a contract or to pay any costs incurred in the preparation for the response to this RFQ. There is no obligation on the part of the Town to select and award any firm or individual submitting a response. If appropriate, a professional service agreement will be negotiated with the selected firm.
The Recipient, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252,42 U.S.C. 2000dto 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, herby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the ground of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration of an award.
Images on this page graciously provided by Denis Hill.